Pages

recipes to make brownies - Brownies - Recipe For Awesome Brownies, Fast, Easy, Inexpensive, and Moist

This is the recipe that everyone wants. I have made these brownies so many times that I could make them in my sleep. Once I bring them to an event, people always ask me when I am going to bring them again. I do not remember where I got this recipe from but I do remember that I tried many, many different recipes, and after many years I found this one. I wanted one that was fast, easy, and inexpensive, and moist. They turn out perfect every time, (except when I forget to put in the flour). I love this recipe and I love these brownies.
Mix by hand:

½ cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
2 eggs
1 cup sugar

Then add:
½ cup flour
1 tsp. Vanilla
¼ tsp salt
nuts
Stir in but do not over beat.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
Double the recipe for a 9" x 13" pan.
I usually times the recipe by four and bake it in a ½ sheet pan size cookie sheet.
Frosting for Brownies
1/3 cup butter
¼ cup milk
½ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 ½ tsp vanilla
4 ½ cups powdered sugar
Beat butter and cocoa until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in the milk and vanilla. Slowly beat in remaining sugar. Beat in additional milk if needed, to make of spreading consistency. Frost brownies.
Important Tip for Making Perfect Brownies: 
· Use softened butter. DO NOT melt the butter before you mix it in. If I accidentally melt the butter I set it aside and get new butter out. I do not use melted butter.
· Do not over stir and do not use a mixer. Mix until ingredients are just blended together.
· Do not over bake. Put brownies in a hot oven and when the timer goes off, take them out of the oven. They will continue baking after you take them out of the oven. You want them to be moist.
· Do not serve without the frosting and do not go sparingly on the frosting.
· Make sure the brownies are totally cooled and cold before you ice them. Otherwise the frosting will start to melt.
· I usually do not add the vanilla or the nuts. It will taste great without them

No comments:

Post a Comment